Monday, November 19, 2012

My Final Project Over View

For my final project on ageism I have decided to go with the project I had posted about earlier. This project will include me going to different types of stores including Toys R US, Forever 21, Neiman Marcus, and Apple. I have chosen these four stores because each target a different age group. The timing of my experiment in each will vary for Toys R Us I will be waiting till it get closer to the holidays due to the fact that their biggest product genre of toys will be the most wanted. I will be going to Forever 21 during the weekend at night when teens usually tend to go to the stores. At Neiman Marcus I will probably wait to go early during the week days when elderly shoppers go. And finally I will be going to the Apple store at any given time because it usually is crowded 24/7. The reason I have chosen to do this experiment is to witness ageism in our everyday life and to become a victim of it in a very low circumstance. I will be taking my phone to keep data so that it doesn't raise any suspicion. Hopefully all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment