Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Neiman Marcus!

So last wednesday I went to Neiman Marcus right after school. Although I went with my mom I didn't want to enter the store with her just in case that affected my results. So as I walked into the entrance not one worker was in sight. I became part of a group of costumers that consisted of all elderly women and a few men. Many of the workers where really on the floor interacting with shoppers but as soon as I made my way by a group of employees all I received was stares and heard one of them whisper as I walked by "Are schools already out? Or is she just buying presents?" I was a little thrown back at this side remark only because of the fact that that one person only thought that I was there for those reasons, and still being noticed by them not one came up to me. As I was about to start heading to the door a woman came up to me and asked if I was buying for my mother and if I needed help with what to get her...really? Being at this store for this long thats all I got? Ageism I think really struck me at this store because of the age grouping they tend to focus on. It was definitely surprising to realize things i have probably been facing for awhile. The outcome of this store compared to last week's definitely changed and is bringing many curious hypothesis' for my next store visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment